Friday, February 4, 2011

Update on Anna 2 months old

I know I haven't updated on Anna in a while, but we were at a stand still there for a while and I haven't felt well. I'm better now and hopefully my health will improve and Anna is doing amazingly well. She is no longer on oxygen and weighs 4lbs 13oz. She is taking most of her feedings by bottle and is holding her body temperature well. She has been moved from an incubator to an open crib. All of her nurses are amazed at how well she is doing and I, of course, am extremely proud of my little girl for fighting so hard. We got the news yesterday that she should be ready to go home within the week. It was so sweet to hear. You wait so long to hear that your baby can go home and when those words came out of her mouth, I was speechless. Now all I can do is think about everything we need to get and prepare before she gets home. I'm so thankful that God has answered our prayers and shown us his miracles through Anna. He continues to bless us everyday with her life. 

And while my baby girl is an angel on earth, there is another family with an angel in heaven who I'm asking prayers for. I didn't know Korley Davis in any way, shape, or form except for reading articles about her in the local paper and seeing green and yellow ribbons hanging on businesses in Shelbyville, reading signs that said "Pray for Korley". Korley was an exceptional young lady who was waiting for a double lung transplant when she became sick. You can read her story here. Korley passed away Wednesday morning and has left everyone in the community devastated. I have never seen such a small person make such a big impact like she did in Shelbyville. I pray for comfort and understanding for her family and friends and I ask that you pray for her family as well.

No comments: