Thursday, February 28, 2013

Please Don't Take Your Organs To Heaven. Heaven Knows We Need Them Here.

I am so blessed that my Mom is an organ donor and gave me one of her kidneys. The wait list for a transplant is years. I was told that I would probably be on the transplant list for at least 3 years if I didn't have a living donor. That is for a kidney, there are people in need of a heart, a liver, lungs, tissue, bone marrow, and things I can't even think of right now.  All you have to do in order to be an organ donor is sign your driver's license. I don't understand why more people aren't organ donors. I know I can't be a living donor, but I am a donor according to my driver's license. I want them to use anything and everything I have when I die. It's a way for me to live on. I am one person, but let's just say that the doctor's are able to use my liver and my heart, I will be saving two lives not to mention countless family and friends who will have their Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter, Cousin, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, Nephew, best friend back. I mean what if my heart goes to the future President of The United States? What if I save the person who finds a cure for cancer? What if I save a child who, without my lungs, wouldn't of been able to graduate high school? You don't just give a future to one person. You give memories to mom and dads and families. You give someone their first loves. You give someone their best friend. You give someone and their family a wedding. You give someone and everyone around them, life. People are able to keep a little bit of their innocence because they will not know what it's like to lose a child, a parent, a family member, or someone they know sooner than they should.

I am so blessed because last year I thought every holiday and birthday of my children was the last one I would celebrate and because of my Mom, I have celebrated at least one more. We don't know what will happen tomorrow, that's in God's hands. But because of my Mom, I at least know I have a tomorrow until God calls me to go home.

No comments: