Thursday, September 1, 2011

Where Are We Going?

Crazy… That’s what my dad would say to us when we get in the car and go for a drive when I was younger. I now say it to my 3. I didn’t realize that my dad was being literal. I know he was because I am when I give the same answer to my kids. They like to ask the same question over and over and over again, even if I have acknowledged them. And then when I’ve given them an answer that pacifies them, they will repeat it. It drives me crazy and I love it all at the same time. Here is a typical conversation…

I am packing up diaper bags, snacks, and drinks so that we can go to Gran’s house.

Nate: “Mama, where are ya goin?”

Me: We are going to go bye bye.

Nate: Bye-Bye?

Me: Yes.

Abbie: Where we goin?

Me: Bye-Bye.

Abbie: Bye-Bye?

Me: Yes!

Abbie: Why?

Me: Because we are going to visit Grann.

Abbie: We goin to Grann’s house?

Me: YES!

Nate: Where we goin?

Me: Crazy.

Nate: You goin crazy?

Me: Yes!

Nate: I not wanna go crazy. I wanna go Grann’s house.

Me: *head wall* *head wall*

No comments: