Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Google It

I went to the doctor today to find out more about the infection I have. She didn't give me much information. She told me the obvious. That I have a kidney infection, need to take antibiotics, need to drink water, blah blah blah. I've heard it before. But she also said that she thought she saw pieces of my bladder lining. I am peeing out the lining of my bladder? That can't be good. She has sent out my urine for further testing and I have to go back on friday for more testing.

I don't even know what questions to ask... who urinates the lining of their bladder? I didn't even know my bladder had lining. I'm sure all organs do, but who thinks about that? Well, the lack of questions I had for her led me to Google. I hate Google sometimes. It puts thoughts in my head that I wouldn't of had otherwise. I googled "urinating bladder lining", first thing that catches my attention is Bladder Cancer, the 4th option. I clicked the 'x' button. I don't even want to know. But now I wonder if that's what the testing on friday is for. Is she going to test me for cancer? Is she waiting to see what the lab report says and that's why I won't get tested for this until friday?

I'm prone to infections since my immune system is pretty much non-existent. The antibiotic she has put me on, I've been on before and I know the outcome. The infection will disappear for about a week after I take the last pill and then it's going to come back and be stronger than ever. It's a vicious cycle that is never ending. One thing is for sure, I'm not looking forward to Friday.

No comments: