Friday, September 17, 2010


Which is exactly what I'm going to do. My birthday was Wednesday and it was a complete disaster from the get go. And it seems that it wasn't just a bad day, but it has leaked and turned into a bad week as well. I had an appointment with Dr. Love on my birthday at 10am. I wasn't upset about it because of how early it was and the fact that I had an ultrasound scheduled and we would be able to tell if the baby was a girl or a boy. Tim took the day off, but had to go to work for a meeting early in the morning. Although I wasn't pleased with this, it was fine since the meeting was at 6:30 in the morning. He was going to meet me at my mother's house and watch the kids so I could go to my doctor's appointment without distraction. It would've been great if it was that easy, but of course it wasn't going to be. I got up and got the kids dressed and in the car and we set en-route to "Grann's" house right on time. My mother lives and Tim works in Murfreesboro which is 30 minutes from where I live, but it's on the way to Nashville so it wasn't a big deal to go there. I got a call when I was 10 minutes away from my Grann's house from Tim telling me that I have to turn around and go back home to get some paperwork he had forgotten. I can't tell you how mad I was and how much I "voiced" my unhappiness. See, now I don't have time to take the kids to my mother's because even though she lives in the town in between where I live and Nashville, it's on the otherside of where I have to be in order to get to Nashville. So that threw a huge wrench in my plans for the day. Not to mention that I was unable to stop at Starbucks which was in my timeline for the morning. I ended up giving Tim his paperwork and then he ended up going with me to the appointment so that he could watch the kids while I went to the doctor. I have to say that I was reluctant to the idea of spending any time with Tim on this day after that morning. I'm glad he went with me now. The appointment lasted 2 hours because of the ultrasound and the fact that all doctor's run late and are never on time. He endured the screaming and fussing while waiting instead of me. He also kept them out of the office all together because of their unhappiness and frustration of waiting. Nate is 3 and Abbie is 2... they don't understand the reasons of waiting. They want everything NOW.  So they were ready to leave after 15 minutes.

So we leave the appointment (the appointment and ultrasound info will be in another post). And we are now on our way to Grann's so she can watch the babies and Tim and I can go eat for my birthday when the car breaks down. We have been leaking antifreeze so Tim puts more in the tank and we leave. When we get to Grann's, the car still isn't working properly. I take the babies into the air-conditioned house and I leave Tim to worry about the car. He calls a couple of people. One says is sounds like head gasket the other says possible thermostat problem. Tim thinks it more of a thermostat issue and does what the guy told him to do under the hood and we leave to go eat at a Hibachi grill. Yummy food, but I wish I could have had sushi. I loooooove sushi, but I'll wait and load up once the baby is born. We leave and the car stalls in the middle of a busy street in a college town during rush hour. Tim was able to drive it at 5mph to a gas station. I then sit in the car while he calls more people. It ends up that the dealership where we bought the car towed it back to their shop, my brother's girlfriend (Sissy) picks me up and takes me to Grann's, and my brother (Bubba) picks Tim up after the car was towed and we all meet at Grann's for birthday cake. Yeah, Happy Birthday to me!

It seems that it is the head gasket and the dealership says that the car is under warranty but we have to have all the service records for the car. Well, we don't have that since we bought the car used. The dealership says they will fix it, but it will cost us. I have had this car for less than 90 days and have put less than 5000 miles on it. I have paid to have it's fluids changed. I even put gas in it before bought it because it was sitting on empty and I needed to test drive it. (they were supposed to reimburse me for it, but never did). And more than that, we have to find someway to get it from Nashville to Shelbyville so that we can even get it fixed. They won't tow it back to Murfreesboro where they picked it up from. I don't know what I'm going to do. All these doctor's appointments and now I don't have a car? FML

No comments: