Thursday, October 20, 2011

Really? Another One?

What is it you ask? Another medical problem is the answer. I’ve been going back and forth to the hospital for the past couple of months for nausea and vomiting. I’ve had tons of tests run and even went under surgery for the removal of my gallbladder. I hate surgery. There is a reason why God gave us skin, no one is supposed to be able to look at your insides. The thought of being able to look at organs grosses me out. I’m still not used to the idea of my pd catheter. I mean… there is a tube on the outside of my body that goes to the inside of me. I wonder if you looked down the tube, if you could see my stomach? GROSS! I keep it covered with a bandage for that reason. But nonetheless, my gallbladder was removed in order to remedy the problem. It didn’t work. So after another test I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis. What is it? The nerves in my stomach are damaged from Diabetes so when I eat, the nerves don’t send signal to my brain to kick start the digestive process. My food hangs around until I no longer can take it and then begins the nonstop hell. There is a medicine to help, but wouldn’t you know it… I have an intolerance to it. The doctor has started me on a small dose in hopes that I will learn to tolerate it and then hopefully we can increase it later. Until then? This is my reality… back and forth to the hospital.. So I’m waiting patiently for the symptoms to begin. again. and make another hospital trip. again.

I really need to write everything wrong with me as well as the prescriptions I take, because remembering them isn’t working for me.

On a good note, Vanderbilt transplant team called me the other day and I go on November 22nd for all the testing to make sure I can have a kidney/pancreas transplant. I’m extremely nervous and excited at the same time. I’ll have all the tests done which I’ve heard are less than fun. I’ll meet the surgeon, Dr. Hale (his name is so fitting for my life). Hopefully, everything will come back a. ok. and we can continue with the process of the kidney transplant. <3

No comments: