Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas with The McKee's

This year's Christmas was by far the best. EVER. I hope to have more like this in the future if not better. The kids had a lot of fun. It's hard to believe that it was one year ago that we were visiting Anna J in the NICU for Christmas. It was so much better to have her home and watch her open her gifts with Nate and Abbie. I was so happy and it felt like my family was complete... completely together. Bubba and my Mom came and watched the kids open their gifts and all. It's a time I wish I could put in a box and hold on to. It was just perfect.

I also got a Christmas gifts this year... Tim and I got married on a whim one thursday morning after discussing getting married a few hours the night before. We had known each other for all of 2 months. Seriously, we met March 17, 2006 and got married May 18, 2006. It's hard to explain, but I just knew he was the one I was going to marry when I met him. He had the most gorgeous blue eyes I had ever seen, which Nate has and my heart melts everytime they both look into mine. Needless to say we didn't have time to buy wedding bands... well, we bought cheap rings for ceremonial purposes... lol... mine had stars on it from Hot Topic and Tim's was from Spencer's with some kind of tribal sign on it. I actually wore mine for quite a while until I got pregnant with Abbie and ballooned up and it didn't fit anymore, then I lost it. Tim's went missing as well. I wish we had them now to laugh at. But for Christmas he gave me a beautiful black and clear diamond wedding band. It's gorgeous.

It was a wonderful Christmas with lots of love and laughter. Can't wait to see what the New Year has to bring.

No comments: