Monday, January 2, 2012

Back In The Day…

I love the song “Dirt Road Anthem” by Jason Aldean. It makes me nostalgic. I was in the car with my mom the other day when it came on the radio and I was taken back to a night that was quite eventful.

I was with 2 of my girlfriends and we went over to another one of our friend’s house for a bonfire. The best things about growing up in a small, southern town are country sides, bonfire parties, and pickup trucks… and the southern gentlemen or as I like to call ‘em… country boys. There were quite a bunch of people there and we were all drinkin’. I think I was 18 or 19. Well, we didn’t know it… but the parents of the guy’s house we were at had called the police. Apparently they said we could have a party, but no alcohol… so when they found out about the alcohol, the police was called. We all were drinkin’ and when the police showed up they pulled 3 or 4 at a time and asked if we had been drinkin’. Those over 21 admitted to it. Those under 21 (myself included) had no choice but to lie. I must not have been believable. The police officer shined his big, bright flashlight in my eyes. All I could think was how mad my mom was going to be. I was praying in my mind, “Please don’t make me call my mom. She will kill me and isn’t that a worse sin than drinking under age?” But all he said was to go home. A couple of our friends that were 21 got arrested. My friend and I hurried out of there and went to her house to watch movies.

We got a call about 2 or 3 in the mornin’. It was those friends that were arrested wanting us to come get them. Hahahahaha… I wasn’t leaving, but my friend did and went and got them and brought them back where we stayed up and watched movies all night. It was scary, but so. much. fun.

That was only one of a ton of nights of fun I had as a teenager.

No comments: