Monday, January 18, 2010

Children

As an adult there is a lot I don't understand. As a mother there is a ton I don't understand. I do all I can to protect my children from harm and I spend as much time with them as I possibly can. This does mean that some chores don't get done, but they are only little for a short time. I love spending time with them. Hugging them, kissing them, tickling their toes, blowing raspberries on their bellies. It's a ton of fun. It hurts my heart when I read about another child going to heaven because of abuse and neglect, especially when caused by the people who are supposed to love them. I hurt so much for their bright and shining spirits. They come into this world not knowing anything and the first thing they learn is pain and hurt. Abby and Nate run to me and daddy when they hurt. They are looking for comfort and kisses. I can't imagine being the one to inflict pain and I can't imagine letting someone else hurt them. I can't imagine a child looking for comfort and kisses and getting thrown or hit because of it. I recently watched a video about a little boy named Peter Connolly, actually I watched about a minute to minute and a half and then I couldn't watch anymore. What I did watch (read rather) I was sick over. The torture that little boy went through... there are no words to describe how terrible awful it is. I only hope he passed away at the beginning so that he didn't feel any of it. Why does God do this? The longer I live the less I understand.

I will cherish every hug, every kiss, every song sang, every 'I love you' said, every scream, every cry, every 'mama', every laugh, every smile, every cuddle, every everything. I will only have open arms when Nate and Abby want to crawl in bed with us. I will having nothing but time when they want to sit down in the floor and play. Nothing but laughs when they step on my feet and it hurts. They will have my full attention whenever they want it.

No comments: