Friday, December 10, 2010

Update on Anna 22 Days Old

I'm sorry I haven't updated on Anna, but things were at a stand still for a little while. She has made progress in the last couple of days. She is no longer on a ventilator. Thank You Jesus!!! She is getting some oxygen with nasal prongs. They are gradually increasing the amount of milk she is being fed, but I noticed today that she didn't have an IV. I asked her nurse about it and she said that Anna hasn't had an iv for a while. I was shocked. She is doing so well. I'm so proud of her and thank God for the miracles he is performing through my little girl.

I, on the other hand, am not doing so well. Or I wasn't. I was sick on Sunday and slept all day and on Monday I felt a little better. I was tired, but I wasn't nauseous and I wasn't vomiting like I had on Sunday. Tuesday was the same. And Wednesday was another bad day. I couldn't even keep down my medicine and I slept all day. Thank goodness for my mom, she watched the babies while all of this was happening. Thursday morning I woke up feeling a little better, but not 100 percent. Tim called Dr. Love to ask for advice about what we should do about my health. His nurse practitioner was actually the one we spoke with. She wanted to know what was going on and I told her how I was feeling and she recommended that I  come on up to the hospital.

So here I am. At the hospital. Dr. Love thought I had a heart condition that was causing all of my symptoms and I met with a cardiologist this morning. The cardiologist doesn't think that I have a heart issue, but that the swelling from when I was pregnant (and still have) is causing my issues. I gained about 50 to 75 pounds of water when I got preeclampsia with Anna and it still hasn't left my body. Apparently, my body doesn't like it anymore so they are giving me lasiks to get rid of it. It seems to be working, I definitely feel better now than I did on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll get to go home this weekend. But if not, at least I'm just down the hall from Anna.

No comments: