Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Update on Anna 40 Days Old

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a busy, but fun one. Nate and Abbie got some wonderful gifts thanks to Santa Winking smile and his helpers Lindsey and her family, Sissy, and a family of elves from Tim’s church. It was truly wonderful all the help we received this year and I can’t express my gratitude enough. It was going to be really tough had it not been for those wonderful people named and I’m proud to call them family rather than friends.

The plan to go see Anna didn’t work out as I had wanted it to, but Nate and Abbie were able to meet Anna and that’s all I really wanted. We spent more time than I had anticipated at my Dad’s. And then we came home to prep food for my Mom’s house that night so we got a late start on the road. And then it was snowing. I don’t remember it ever snowing in Tennessee on Christmas, and it did this year. It was beautiful, but I didn’t enjoy driving in it, especially to Nashville. Nate and Abbie did well in the NICU, I was holding Abbie and Bubba had Nate. We held them to the incubator and I asked, “who is that?”, and Nate answered without hesitation, “that Anna”, I was very impressed. They didn’t stay long, but they blew her kisses and told Anna they loved her when they left. I helped Bubba out to the car and when I came back in, Tim was holding Anna in a stocking. It was very cute.

Her nurse said that they aren’t hearing her heart murmur as much anymore, indicating that it was closing up. Praise God! They are also giving her a paci every now and then to check her suck, swallow, breathe reflex. They are impressed with how well she is doing for her gestational age (32 weeks today). I forgot to ask the nurse about her weight, but I called yesterday and she said she is up to 2lb. 9oz. I am amazed. The last time I checked she was 2lb. 5oz. and now she is up 4oz. I can’t put into words how happy I am. She is going to be home before we know it. Please continue to pray for her health, her doctors, and her nurses. Without the prayers she wouldn’t be where she is.

No comments: