Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7, 2012

Today I am thankful for forgiveness. I am thankful that I am able to forgive and that I had the realization a long time ago, that I need to forgive for myself and not necessarily those that I feel had done me wrong. I have been hurt (and I'm sure I have hurt others) and I would hold a grudge. I would hold a grudge so large that it would consume me and my thoughts. I would see someone out that I felt had done me wrong and instantaneously become angry. I would walk the other way and spite them in my mind. I had no desire to see them ever again as long as I lived. When I started getting sick, I realized, I had no room for that anger. The room that the anger occupied needed to be evicted so that love and happiness  could expand. I decided to let it all go. I let every grudge I held, go. And with that I found a bag of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders. I would see those people and rather than go the other way, I would continue in the direction I was going and smile. I didn't have to say anything and it felt good to walk away without any ill feelings toward them. I only hope that the people who feel I did them wrong also forgive me so that we all are filled with love and happiness. Not for the person, but for ourselves.

No comments: