Monday, November 12, 2012

November 10 and 11, 2012

My Dad's birthday was on Saturday and I'm very thankful for my Dad. He has taught me a lot of valuable lessons, but there are 2 that stick out. One... integrity. He defined integrity for me. Integrity is doing what you say you are going to. I don't remember a time my Dad saying he was going to do something and then not doing it. I remember there were times it was inconvienant, but he still did what he said he was going to do. I remember there was once it caused a fight between my Mom and Dad. It was the weekend of my brother's birthday and my Dad was scheduled to go to a horse show for business. My Mom, to the best of my memory, was upset and I think she wanted my Dad to tell his boss (my great Uncle) that he wasn't going to go, but my Dad went. He told my brother that he would make it up to him and gave me a kiss and told me bye. My Dad worked hard all my life to provide. He made a lot of sacrifices, missing events of mine and Bubba's, to work so that we had what we needed. Sometimes it was upsetting and I didn't understand, but now that I'm older, I understand it and I respect him even more for it. 

On Sunday, we went to my Dad's house to celebrate his and Anna's birthday. I'm scheduled for surgery on Wednesday and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel on the 18th which is Anna's birthday. So we decided to go there on Sunday and have cake. We also went over to our friend's, Amanda and Micah's. So I am thankful for family and friend's company. We had such a good time at both places. Laughing and playing and talking and having a wonderful time. It's days like yesterday that I wish I could put in a box and pull out on days like today where it's gloomy and rainy and I woke up feeling bad. It's the hope for days like yesterday that make days like today bearable and give me the knowledge that days like yesterday are not only a possibility, but are a definitely.

No comments: