Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 13, 2012

It's true. No need to be hateful or mean. Just say "bless your heart", smile, and people think you are being kind. But you know different (hehe). Today I am thankful that I was born in the south. There aren't many things that are better than being southern. We have the most beautiful landscaping. I love going through the country and seeing all shades of red and orange and yellow from the leaves turning during fall. It's beautiful. Our people might not be the smartest, but they are the kindest. I remember I got stuck in a ditch when I was a senior in high school out in Ledford's Mill. I would go there because it was secluded. It has an old run down bed and breakfast with a mill attached to the side, and I would go there to hike and think and take in the beautiful scenery. It would just be me and the woods and the nature made waterfalls. It was a place to go for me to reflect. On this particular day, I parked in front of a small drop off and as I was leaving, I forgot this bit of information and thought I could move forward and get back on the road versus backing up and going out the marked exit way. Well, I fell in this drop off. Cell phones weren't existent at this time in history and I went to walking the 5 miles to the main highway to flag someone down. But just as I set off on my journey, 2 BIG boys pull up in their pickup truck and helped. No questions ask, no money taken. They pulled my car out as if they were playing with matchbox cars. People genuinely care about each other. And everyone knows you, and if they don't know you, then they know your kinfolk. You feel the love everywhere you go. I don't care who you are and neither does my neighbor, you're welcome here no matter what.

No comments: