Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7, 2012

Today is the first day of my 365 days of Thanks... I'm going to start it by stating the obvious. I am thankful for my husband, Tim McKee. I realized how thankful I was last night. It was one of the worst nights I have experienced in a long time... I wasn't feeling well and Abbie actually brought me her pillow pet and a blanket, covered me up and sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to put me to sleep. It worked, I fell asleep before the kids did. I woke up later and needed to use the bathroom, but I couldn't sit up without feeling like I was going to pass out (thank you orthostatic blood pressure) I started crying because I felt so helpless and Tim came to me rescue. Before I knew it, I was in his arms. He was carrying me into the bedroom where I would have easier access to the bathroom. I made it to the bathroom, but I passed out and fell to the floor. Tim picked me up again and put me on the bed. I came to in time to through up and Tim was right beside me with the trash can. I was spent. I could barely move a muscle and Tim continued. He undressed me and dressed me in my pajamas without missing a beat. He is so wonderful knowing every move I'm going to make before I make it. 
I firmly believe that anyone else would have left me a long time ago. A lot of people don't know how to handle someone being as sick as I am, but he has been beside me every step of the way. He has taken every diagnosis and prognosis in stride, finding humor and helping me cope with all that has been thrown at me. He has taken the role of single father at times and has done great in that role. I love him to the moon and back.

No comments: