Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

We had a good day today. Nate, Abby, and I went to church this morning and gave my step-mom and step-sister their mother's day card. My step-sister's baby daddy is a loser and I wanted her to feel special since it's her day too. I'm not sure if it did any good or not, but it's the thought that counts. Someone sang a song at church that probably made every mother cry. I wish I knew the name of it, it was beautiful. It was about a mother's love for their child. Abby was being passed around before the song started and she started getting antsy when it came on so I took and I started rocking her and within seconds (literally) she was asleep. I thought that was amazing. We have such a strong connection and that proved it. I wanted to hold her and she wanted her mama. No one else. We went out to eat after church (nothing special there).

I was going to take the kiddos to a strawberry field at Valley Home Farms, but we went home and I fell asleep. I slept for 8 hours which I very rarely get and I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I missed on taking them out. I may take them on Wednesday or Thursday. I think they would like it. Abby has a cute strawberry outfit that she'll wear. I get excited when it comes to taking them on field trips, but I've never been to a strawberry field before either. They allow you to pick your own strawberries or you can buy a batch they have already picked. During the fall they have a corn maze for the kids and hay rides. We are going to do that this year too.

I love our field trips. It's so much fun. I think we may even go to the Discovery Center on Saturday too. Tons of Fun this week.

No comments: