Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day will not be Forgotten

I got a text message from my sister in law yesterday, let's call her JM. She text saying to pray for a family that became foster parents of 3 little boys a couple of years ago. Their 10 yr old got caught up in some twine in their barn and accidentally hung himself. I'm not sure of the specifics, but that is what she put in the text message.

This family are some of the sweetest most kind people I know. Ms. S visited me often when I was pregnant with Nate, sharing stories with me and comforting me (let me give you the short story of my pregnancy... I vomitted more than I care to remember which led to dehydration and long hospital stays, we almost died twice). She would always pray with me and would pray for me. She is truly a genuine person. And I remember how happy she was to have her boys. They needed a lot of love and she has more than she knows what to do with, it was a perfect match. They are starting the procedure to adopt these little fellows who I believe are 12, 10, and 6 (don't quote me on the ages). And for this tragic accident to happen is unreal.

I talked to my sister in law on the phone shortly after the text message, but she didn't have any specifics on what had happened. We live in TN and farm accidents, although fairly uncommon, do happen. A 3 yr old was killed not too long ago because he had opened the door to the moving vehicle he was in going from farm to farm so he wasn't in a carseat. People do that around here especially when they are going a mile down the road to a farm. I know it sounds irresponsible, but until the accident no one thought twice about it.

Please pray for this family and their loss, NO ONE should have to bury their child.

No comments: